Saturday, March 31, 2012

Gardening Time--Layout and Challenge entry

Here's that other layout I mentioned yesterday.  I made it for the monthly technique challenge at Paper Secrets.  It was to use punches.  I love challenges!  Because right now it seems I'm soooo busy lately, I haven't been doing much scrapbooking!  I make cards, gifts for other people, help them on school projects, or work on swap items.  But I seldom get around to much scrapbooking for myself.  So I made this page for the technique challenge:


I almost forgot how quickly a page can come together when you grab a handy punch and some scraps and get to work!  The picture is of the hubby and the two oldest "sowing" some winter peas last fall.  I used some scraps of paper that I got at Hobby Lobby and two EK Success border punches. I punched the large scallops with my Creative Memories circle maker and cut them to make a large scalloped border.  And the birds and branches are from Stampin' Up!, as well as the large circle and the label they are "nesting on."


I've seen in several magazines lately how some scrappers are tying a bow behind a button, so I had to try it with this hemp rope.  I Just Love how the button, rope, ribbon and birdies all came together to jazz up the border on this layout.  And I'm glad I visited Paper Secrets to get inspired with their technique challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment