Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ice Cream, You Scream, We all SCREAM for . . .

ICE CREAM!!!

Even though it's only a few days into Spring, it's been around 80 degrees here!!  My kids are wearing shorts and complaining that it's too hot to go outside!  I remind them that in a few short months, it will be a lot hotter!  Last summer the average temp was 113 degrees!!  One thing that helps them cool off is a cool, sweet treat, so when they offered an ice cream swap on my fave swapping site, It's a Scrapbooking Swap Thing, I signed up for the deco items.


You can pick to decorate basic shapes, or some hostesses will let you embellish die cuts.  I love my Cricut, and cannot resist buying more cartridges!!  So when I saw all the cute frozen treats on the "Sweet Shop" Lite cartridge . . . well . . . I had to take it home with me!


Each item on this swap was supposed to be embellished at least twice, so I embossed and inked the cone on this one and added some dimensional paint to give it a little vanilla drippy look!


Don't they look yummy?  Now I have these little die cuts ready for scrapping some pics of those kiddos enjoying a cool treat on a hot day.  Maybe sooner than later . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment