Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sweet Birthday Card

Today I needed to make a birthday card for my sweet little "step"granddaughter.  Her birthday is Friday, and tomorrow I'm decorating little goodie bags for the party. Her mother got an idea from Pinterest to put tulle around the top of a small canvas tote bag, and of course, she incorporated my help.  So of course I put it off, because I am a procrastinator! (They say admitting your problem is the first step to recovery, lol) So today I took a little "scrapportunity" to make this card.


I used the Cricut lite cartridge "Cupcake" for the cupcake and the word "party."  I used a cherry shaped brad and a star brad from The Eyelet Outlet, and border punches from Martha Stewart (presents) and EK Success (candles).  I added a little dimension with Ranger's Liquid Pearls to the topping.  The rest was unidentifiable- it was leftover scraps from my stash!

I think the birthday girl will just love it! A sweet card for a sweet girl!

I'm entering this card in the "Fabulous Friday Challenge" at Frosted Designs.  This week's challenge was to use brads or eyelets.  So, wish me luck!  This is the first online challenge I've entered!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet card!!! Love the cherry brad on top! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete