Sunday, September 9, 2012

More Clothes Organization

If you know me very well at all, you would laugh to think I was offering organization advice of any kind, much less in two posts in a row!

But since I made my son some tags in this post, I had to make some for my 11 year-old daughter.  They are to help with picking out their clothes for school.  On Sunday evenings, we will pick out their clothes for each day of the week and put the corresponding tag on the hanger.  Then each morning should go smoother when they are getting ready for school.  (Hopefully, right?)


I used Bazzill cardstock and an American Girl paper stack from Michael's.  I cut the tags out with the Cricut Cupcake Lite cartridge (at 4" and 4 1/2" since there aren't shadows on this cartridge) and the days of the week and their backgrounds with the Cricut Chore Chart Lite cartrige (set at 2").  I also added some Prima flowers with Paper Studio brads, and We R Memory Keepers large eyelets with ribbon from Hobby Lobby.  Then I added a little faux stitching with my white Sakura Gelly Roll pen and some Stampin' Up! markers.


Close-ups of a couple of my favorites!  I had to do each day's tag a little differently for variety.


Hope you like these tags; DD loves them and can't wait to pick out her clothes for this school week!  She even thinks the two year-old needs some.  I'm not sure about that--I usually dress her after we drop the others off at school.  I have plenty of time to wake up and think about what each of us wears for the day, lol!

I'm entering this project in a new challenge.  It's the first one for the Cut It Up Challenge Blog!  It's based on using die cutting machines for creating, and the challenge this time is "anything goes."  Perfect for my tags! You can find the challenge here.  Go over and check it out and enter something--you have until Sept. 19th!  Good Luck!

12 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea!! Definitely should make things run much smoother for getting ready for school! Thanks for playing along with us at Cut It Up Challenges!!

    Jennifer
    scrapinexpecttheunexpected.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea and love the pattern papers - great job! Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up this week!
    Hugs,
    Jamie
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea and they are super cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up!

    Stacey
    Cut It Up Co-Founder

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an AMAZING and morning time saver! Love this idea and will have to try this one for sure! Thanks for joining us this week at Cut It Up Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea!! Thanks for sharing! I may have to do this with our kids!! :) Great colors and embellishments too! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up!

    Kimberly
    Cut It Up Co-Founder

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. So pretty and yummy. Thanks for playing with us at Cut It Up Challenges. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable and such a great idea! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all of the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great, and I applaud anything that helps kids be more independent. She must really feel like a big girl! Thanks for entering our very first challenge at Cut It Up!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun way to organize the kid's clothes. I know I would change my mind too many times before the day came to wear the labeled outfit.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've thought of that possibility, and right now, we haven't implemented the tag system--I'm waaaaaay behind on laundry!! Living day-to-day this week. And of course, we may have to make changes due to weather . . .

      Delete
  11. What a fun idea! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up, and I hope to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete