Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Special Teacher Card

Here's a card I made for my son's 1st grade teacher and for the Peachy Keen Challenge #35: Just Cards: Teacher theme.  You can find the challenge here.


I used Bazzill cardstock and various patterned papers from my scrap stash.  (I think the school-theme paper came from Michael's.)  I cut the little boy and the sentiment label with the Cricut Lite "Playtime" cartridge.  I hand wrote the sentiment with a pun I made up myself (haha).  I hid the little boy's face with my Gypsy and stamped him a Peachy Keen face from their "Wide-Eyed Kids Face Assortment."  Then I added a little doodling to his cheeks and clothes.  He has a "Z" on his shirt for school spirit.


Here's a picture of the card open.  I adhered the mints to the back of the card and used my 2 1/2" circle punch from Stampin' Up! to make a little window for the mint container to peek through.  That way the teacher gets a little treat, and it serves as an element on the card.

Hope you like today's project!  Go check out the Peachy Keen Challenge Blog to enter your teacher-themed card, and Good Luck!

5 comments:

  1. Kim, I love your card:) The sentiment is perfect, you go girl! I am so going to have to keep your card in mind for a future card:) Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier on:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT job with your ADORABLE card Kim!great idea with the candy too!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a witty senti"Mint". This is so clever! Thank you so much for posting your darling card at Peachy Keen's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adoarble love the mints !! perfect! Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen this week!!!

    Michelle -DT
    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete