Friday, August 17, 2012

Birthday gift set

Today is my good friend's birthday, and she loves chocolate!  (There are some people out there who don't, but I don't understand that?? LOL!!)  One of the very best things about paper crafting is that you can personalize a gift to match a friend's personality!  And with the challenge over at Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge Blog being to make or decorate a box, I had to use a truffle for this particular friend.


I cut my pillow box with the "Wrap It Up" Cricut cartridge.  It had a diploma on the front, but I hid those cuts with my Gypsy.  No one would have been able to tell anyway (if I had left the diploma) since I covered the front, but oh, well!  I've only recently gotten my Gypsy out of the box, so I needed a little practicing!


I cut the truffle with Cricut's Sweet Shop Lite cartridge with Bazzill cardstock and scraps of patterned paper from my stash.  The face is from Peachy Keen Stamps "Cherub Face Assortment," and it's stamped with Timber Brown Staz-On ink.  I embellished it with We R Memory Keepers twine, brads and gemstones from The Paper Studio.


The side view!  I had to use this sentiment from Joy's Life!  And I had already stamped it, then realized it wouldn't fit on the top of the pillow box!  So I thought the birthday gal would get a kick out of that punny stamp when she turns the box to open it!  Now it's all ready to be filled with some yummy truffles!


Then, I had to make a card to go along with the pillow box and treat!  I used most of the same stuff, but added some brown bling gemstones, also from The Paper Studio, and a sentiment from Stampin' Up!'s "Happiest Birthday Wishes" set.

Hope you like this little birthday gift set, and that it inspires you to personalize a gift and card for a friend!  I'm entering it in the following challenges; (And they just started today!  It's a record for me to get started so soon; I know you were thinking that!) so check them out and play along!

Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge 31: 3d-objects: box-it-up
Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge: Twine/Ribbon

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job! Get way to personalize a chocolate treat for your friend. Thanks for sharing your project at Peachy Keen's Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is super cute !!! i love how you put something at the bottom of the pillow box too!~ thanks so much for joining us at Peachy Keen this week ~~

    Michelle~ DT
    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best box I have ever seen I love the colors and pillow box is my fav. you did a fantastic job I love the sentiment where she would open it :) I am sure she got a kick out of that. can you please tell me how big your box is? and most importantly how you did/cut the top green and brown mat? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I've got to start writing stuff down as I go! I checked on my gypsy, and I think I cut it at about 6 1/4". The green and brown mats were cut with the shift on the diploma box. I cut two and trimmed the brown one down. Then I cut some rectangles with my paper trimmer for the very top mat. Hope this helps.

      Delete