Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Be Mine! Sharing a few Valentine Layouts

Wow, I've been so busy with doing challenges over at A Cherry on Top online scrapbook store and message board, that I haven't been sharing any crafty stuff with you all!  So, taking a little time out today to share my latest creations.

Here are a few layouts I made with photos from last year's Valentine pictures.


This challenge was to make a word in our title a color.  Even though my photo wasn't the greatest, DD #2 was in a phase where she wouldn't smile or even look at the camera, I had to scrap about the rose DH got her for Valentine's Day!  I used 2 inch squares of scrap patterned paper to frame my photo, and made roses with my Cricut's Flower Shoppe cartridge.  I drew the little swirly with a pencil and poked holes so I could hand embroider it with some Sew Easy floss.



Now, DD#1 knows how to smile for the camera!  She is holding her flowers just right, too!  I did this one for a Mood Board challenge, where the hostess basically had a photo prompt for us to go with.  I went with the bright pink color and used some Echo Park paper and dark pink washi to make my heart on my doily.  I made a little bird from 3 Birds on Parade cut with my Cricut.  Then I had a few stickers from Sticko and sequins and pearls moving up the page.


This layout is another Valentine's Day page, but with non-traditional colors.  The Elle's Studio "Love You More" line was perfect for it!  And this hostess challenged us to use something that was 3 years old or older.  So check out that Magic Mesh!  I knew I was holding onto that stuff for a good reason!  I also used some acrylic oval letters that I've had forever!

I'm moving right along with these challenges, and most of them offer an ACOT gift card as a prize!  So, if you're interested, check them out here.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts! Love the papers and the designs of each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I have nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. Check out my blog post and play along if you want to! I just wanted to give your blog a “shout out” and pay back to the person who nominated me.

    http://blbabe1234.wordpress.com/2014/05/21/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete