Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A few cards

Here's a few cards I've done for challenges over at A Cherry On Top.  Hostesses on the Message Board have challenges going all through the month, and they keep my crafty mojo going!


The first one is for a friend of mine who is going to Hawaii with her sister.  I wish I could go with her . . . . Anyway, she'll love this card--she's been getting some anxiety about leaving her kids, so I'm hoping this will lighten her mood a little.

I used a Snag 'em Stamp--the hula penguin girl.  I used Night of Navy ink and colored in a few spots with my Inktense pencils.  Added a few enamel dots and a sentiment stamped with some mini alphas, and done!  Now, to just get it to her before she leaves . . . .


I made this Tigger card for the Disney challenge on ACOT.  It was to use a jungle theme, and I thought this patterned paper was perfect!  I cut Tigger out with my new Pooh and Friends Cricut cartridge.  Loving that thing!  DD#2 wants all her favorite characters cut out, though, and she's disappointed there's no Christopher Robin . . . . . .


And the last one is a Christmas card.  I guess I can't start too early on mine.  Even though I'll probably stick it in a box and forget to send it out. lol.  The Christmas Card challenge was to use embossing in any way.  I chose dry embossing with a poinsettia folder.  Love these Doodlebug enamel dots to add just a little bling . . . . . .

Thanks for visiting, and if you want to check out these challenges and more, visit the Message Board at ACOT here.

No comments:

Post a Comment