Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Bushel of Hugs for You!



Well, I have  a bushel of hugs for my DH!  Today's his birthday, and since it's not harvest season or even planting season, I guess hugs are all he's gettin', lol!  Seriously though, it was hard for me to come up with a theme for his card, but as I was thumbing through my stamp sets, I saw this sentiment in my new "Fruit Sentiments ONE" set from Peachy Keen and thought it would fit my DH since he's our gardener.  He has started plowing the garden; so does that count?

Anyway, the inspiration for my card came from the sentiment and Peachy Keen's current sketch challenge.  You can find it here.

I used all scraps from my stash--seriously, I could make 1,000 cards from all those scraps I keep, lol.  I cut the bushel basket from Cricut's DoodleCharms and the veggies from Country Life.  I added Peachy Faces from the PK-500 Snow Cutie Face Assortment (versatile!) and the sentiment I told you about above.


I couldn't resist those cute faces, and since the card will be from the kids, too, I thought we could go with cuteness on the grown man's card! lol!


A side view so you can see how I popped up the basket and veggies.


The inside has another sentiment from the PK-162 Fruit Sentiment ONE set.


Well, now that the card is finished and posted, I have to go clean house--DH's grown daughter and her family are coming over for dinner and birthday cake.  At least she's bringing the dinner!  That's a plus for me, and it's not even my birthday!!

Hope you like this card!!  It kind of makes me hungry for some fresh vegetables from the garden . . .
Check out the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge #13-7: Sketch if you want to play along!

4 comments:

  1. This is so much fun! I love those radishes and their cute faces! Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Even though I am totally NOT a plant eater...YUK!!! LOL ;) Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME job with your GREAT card!it is sooo fun and cute,LOVE IT!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)


    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your husband had a happy birthday! Your card turned out so cute! Love those beets! Thanks for joining the Peachy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete