Wednesday, November 14, 2012

"Oh, barn." A Belated Birthday Card

I think I should just make up a bunch of belated birthday cards to have on hand for my friends and family.  I seem to always miss their big days!

Here's a card I made following the sketch on 3 Girl Jam Challenge Blog to give a friend. 

You can find their sketch challenge here.

I was an extra day later on giving it to my friend, because I had to take a picture to post, lol!  Good thing she understands me!


I used scrap paper from my stash, Cricut's "Country Life" to cut the barn.  I only cut it at 2", so the weather vane on top of the silo didn't make it.  I was in a hurry and ripped it right off the roof, lol.  I used "Lacey Labels" Lite cartridge for the mat.  The funny stamps are from Joy's Life "Barnyard Puns."  (I love her stamps!  You can find them here.)  I also used some gingham ribbon from Hobby Lobby, 'cuz you gotta love gingham ribbon with country-themed cards!  Then, to top it off and draw attention to the sentiment, I used 3 Girl Jam crinkle ribbon in Sunflower.

There's a little bit of time left, so if you want to enter that sketch challenge at 3Girl Jam, here's the link again:
3 Girl Jam Challenge #6: Sketch

3 comments:

  1. Your card is awesome and that sentiment is perfect!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Cute design and adorable sentiment! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete