Saturday, October 20, 2012

"Out of this World!" Birthday Card

I've been wanting to try out more challenges, and today is the due date for Cupcake Inspirations' Challenge.  This week's photo inspiration was so cute--I had to participate!


I'm always needing cute kids' birthday cards, so that's the theme I went with.  Here's my card:


I cut the astronaut and the moon from "Trick or Treat" Cricut Lite cartridge.  The starry paper is from Echo Park "The Great Outdoors," and the cardstock is all from Bazzill.  I used "You're My Type" Stampin' Up! set for the "Happy Birthday" sentiment and cut it into a flag and popped it up with dimensionals on a flat toothpick.  The burlap ribbon is from Hobby Lobby's Ribbon Trends, and the twine is We R Memory Keepers.  I also added a little detail with chalk ink and my Stardust pen.

Hope you like this card!  I'm afraid my little boy might want to keep it if I pull it out to give away to someone else!  Maybe I'd better make another!  LOL!


1 comment:

  1. Kim this is adorable! I love your card, and all the detail you put on it:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete