Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A "Clever" Card

Today I have a take on an untraditional graduation card.  It doesn't have a diploma or a cap with tassel in sight!  But it is for a really smart girl, and I wanted  to do something a little different to make my congratulatory wishes stand out!


Here's my recipe:  Patterned paper-scraps from my stash, cardstock-Bazzill Basics, border punch-EK Success, glasses cut with Cricut using Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge, pearls-Melissa Frances, stamp-Peachy Keen Stamps Wide Eyed Kids Assortment, markers-Stampin' Up!, stardust pen-Sakura, flowers, Prima, brads-Paper Studio, ribbon-Stampin' Up!, chalk ink-Studio G. I made the card to fit an envelope in my stash--it is 4x9 inches.

Hope you like this card! I'm entering it in the following challenges:
Frosted Designs Card Sketch Challenge #19--sketch
Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge #18--anything goes
Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #140--Build up your card (layers)

8 comments:

  1. Very cute and original! It will surly stand out and be a big hit! Love the colors and the glasses, very nice! Great job on our sketch and we are happy you played along with us at Frosted Designs! Come back again soon! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a memorable card- the new grad will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the face on the graduation card. Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretation of the sketch! I love the colors! Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes - this is clever! Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments and compliments! Love hearing from you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very very cute, thank you for joining our challenge at Frosted Designs, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your unconventional card!! Love the cute little glasses too. Thank you so much for joining in at frosted designs this challenge xx

    ReplyDelete